Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update on the footsies

It's been a couple of weeks, and I've officially decided that running the 1/2 was a bad idea. My feet hurt. A lot. And they don't seem to be getting better. Here's what I'm doing about it:
  1. Not running.
  2. Bought new, more comfortable shoes for work
  3. Never go barefoot
  4. Calf stretches every night before bed

Here's what I'm not doing, but should be doing:
  1. More stretching. Much more.
  2. Ice?
  3. Massage?
Here's what I'm doing, but maybe shouldn't be doing:
  1. Played tennis twice (I'm in a tournament at work; it's not like I can just give up)
  2. Riding my bike every other day. In theory, this shouldn't hurt, since there's no foot flexion, and no pounding, but I do end up with tight calves, which, of course are a major contributor to plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis.
  3. Swimming every other day. Somehow my calves end up tight after this, too. Maybe I should focus on pushing off of the walls less hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment