Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tapering

I am officially tapering for the upcoming weekend's Half Ironman!  For my long run on Saturday, I ran 16 miles, and on Sunday my long ride consisted of 30 easy miles at the park.  My run felt pretty good (though a little slow), and I had a reasonable pick-up at the end, finishing at a sub-8-min/mile pace.  For some reason, on my ride I felt really fatigued and frustratingly slow (which is consistent with how painfully slow I'd felt during my tempo runs at the end of last week), but I'm trying not to be discouraged.  I'm going to stick to the plan of using this week to heal up and recharge.  I took yesterday off completely, and I've gotten a couple of good nights' sleep in a row.  Let's see if I can keep it up through the end of the week, and hopefully head into Saturday's race healthy, energized, and ridiculously, blisteringly fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment