Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas week

This is supposed to be my high-mileage; high intensity week, and so far my running is not going according to plan.  As soon as I got off the airplane on Sunday I went to work building a rock retaining wall in my dad's front yard.  Monday was more of the same, with a 7 mile run at < 8 min/mile pace.

Monday
Plan: 10 mile @ 7:30- 8:20 pace
Achieved: 7 mile @ 8:00

Tuesday
Plan: Speedwork!
Achieved: 8 mile hike in the mountains; no running at all.  New plan is to run speedwork on Wednesday morning

Wednesday
Plan: Speedwork!
Achieved: 3.5 hours of shopping, 3 hours of stonework in the yard, 2.5 hours of basketball (Dad, Leland and I dominated Dad's weekly pickup game), 5 mile run (miserably slow and tired) at 9:00 pace

So I've dropped speedwork from the plan.  Plan for Thursday is to do tempo workout per the original plan.  There's a 22 mile run scheduled for Saturday morning that I'm thinking of pushing to Sunday morning.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm a little stressed about dropping some key workouts on a key training week, when I need all of the fitness gains I can get.  But...  it's fun to be home, and being home means staying busy, which means not everything goes according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment